Thrombosis Journal is a leading open access journal in the field of thrombosis research. The journal focuses on all aspects of thrombosis, such as diagnosis of arterial and venous thrombosis, new antithrombotic treatments, new developments in the understanding, diagnosis and treatment of atherosclerosis vessel disease, relations between haemostasis and vascular disease, hypertension, diabetes, immunology and obesity. Original basic, translational laboratory and clinical research are published in the Journal along with results of therapeutic trials.
Established in 2003, the journal is owned and published by BMC, part of Springer Nature. Thrombosis Journal covers all the latest high interest topics and its content gets accessed over 18,000 times each month.
BMC is seeking to appoint a co-Editor-in-Chief to succeed Professor Hugo ten Cate, who will be retiring as Editors of the journal at the end of February 2020. The co-Editor-in-Chief will work alongside Prof Yukio Ozaki.
The newly appointed Editor-in-Chief will have full editorial responsibility for the content published in the Journal and for ensuring that the ethos, editorial standards, policies and scope of Thrombosis Journal are maintained. They will also be responsible for providing strategic guidance and overseeing the commissioning of non-research content.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A Physician and researcher with broad experience in the field of thrombosis able to demonstrate their impact in the field with an extensive publication history.
- Experienced as a journal Editor, with strong critical analysis and appraisal skills, and a good understanding of peer review and publication ethics.
- Keen supporter of open access publishing.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership.
- Excellent strategic planner with the ability to develop a clear vision for Thrombosis Journal.
- Interested in building strong community relationships with thrombosis experts at all levels.
- Keen to innovate and continuously develop Thrombosis Journal.
- Engaged with technology and willing to use the Journal’s online submission and peer review tools.
- Able to dedicate time on a regular basis to a busy and thriving journal.
Thrombosis Journal is currently supported by Editorial Office run by the publisher for administrative services, and is further supported by a committed team of Associate Editors. The position offers an honorarium, whilst the time commitment is flexible, we anticipate the post-holder would also have a full-time position elsewhere.
Term of appointment
The term of office will be for five years, with an option for renewal by mutual consent for a further five years.
Further details regarding the role and a detailed job description can be obtained by contacting Valeria Olivo, Senior Journal Development Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual and joint applications will be considered. Applications should include a full CV, a letter explaining your interest in the post, and an outline of what your editorial policy and vision might be. Applications should be sent to Valeria Olivo at email@example.com
Closing date for applications
31st July 2019
Interviews and start date
Interviews will be held in August 2019, with a start date of the 1st January 2020.